Sending and receiving money in most African countries still has some setbacks. When sending money out of a country to another, there are usually glitches and system delays. But from the time Chipper Cash was launched, sending and receiving money became easier across Africa.
Chipper Cash is a free mobile app that allows users to send money within and out of their home country in Africa. You can also receive money from other countries by using Chipper Cash at a cheap currency conversion rate.
Even though it’s not as functional as PayPal and works in only 8 countries, Chipper Cash is still among the best Fintech companies in Africa. It is smooth and responsive to touch while also processing transactions at a fast rate.
Chipper Cash has proven to enhance transactions across countries in the African continent.
Chipper Cash supported countries
Although Chipper Cash is supported in only 8 countries, for now, the management has made it known on their website that more countries will be added soon.
Below are the countries where Chipper Cash is supported in:
- The United Kingdom.
- South Africa.
How does Chipper Cash works
Chipper Cash works by allowing a window for transactions. On Chipper Cash you can send money, receive money, and request money. It can be within or outside your country of residence.
If you have a business transaction or patronage with someone outside your country, Kenya for example. You won’t have to visit the bank.
All you need to do is to deposit the money in your Chipper Cash account and then send it to the recipient in Kenya. On receiving the money, the recipient can withdraw to his bank account and the business deal is done.
In Chipper Cash, there are no service charges when you send money. You can always click on the “Add Cash” button to fund your Chipper Cash account.
To withdraw from your Chipper Cash account to your bank account is straightforward. Click on the “Cash Out” button and input your account details. The money will be sent into your bank account.
Benefits of using Chipper Cash
Chipper Cash comes with many benefits. Here are some of them.
- You can send and receive money with and outside your country. You can even send money out of Africa to the United Kingdom by making use of Chipper Cash.
- Sending money to recipients and beneficiaries is free on Chipper Cash. There are no service charges.
- Chipper Cash mobile app is responsive and user-friendly. The user interface is clean and amazing, the user experience is fast and smooth.
- Refunds are made and transactions are reversed immediately whenever there are errors or system glitches.
- It’s easy to find your Chipper Cash account.
- You can earn money when you refer friends and family to Chipper Cash.
- You can request money from your close ones whenever you have an urgent need.
- There is available and reliable customer support in Chipper Cash.
Is it safe to use Chipper Cash
Chipper Cash has been in use for some years. It enjoys a very high rating among its users. That’s probably why there are 3 million users, 10,000 new users per day, and about 80,000 daily transactions on Chipper Cash.
Chipper Cash currently partners with the Roma football club. Chipper Cash is also being featured by many reputable companies, most of which are known to you. They include BBC, Forbes, Tech Crunch, The Economist, and even the reputable Apple company.
Chipper Cash is legit and safe to use. Their head office is in San Francisco, California, United States. There are 17 investors and 18 employee profiles registered at this location.
Requirements to open a Chipper Cash account
Your phone is the basic requirement needed to open an account with Chipper Cash. You will also need the details below.
- A valid email address.
- A phone number.
- Your Bank Verification Number (BVN).
After knowing the requirements, the next step is to create your Chipper Cash account.
How to open a Chipper Cash account
This part is simple to do and you will be done in a few minutes. Follow the instructions below.
1. Download the app
2. Launch the app
Launch the app and proceed to sign up.
3. Use email or phone number for sign up
Input your mobile phone number for verification. You can also make use of your email.
4. Verify your account
A verification code (usually 6 digits) will be sent to your phone number or email. Confirm it to continue.
5. Input your details
Input your details. This includes your name and other necessary information.
6. Create user name for payments
Create your unique username which you will use to send and receive payments on Chipper Cash.
7. Pick a currency
Choose the currency of the country you are residing in. This will be your default currency for all transactions.
8. Set security code
Set your security code for transactions. Make it unique and secure.
Be patient for some seconds while your account is getting initialized.
How to deposit money into your Chipper Cash account
To deposit money or find your Chipper Cash account, click on the “Add Cash” button. A page will load and you will be required to add a card as a method of payment. Input your card details and complete the process.
How to withdraw money from Chipper Cash into your bank account
This is very simple to do. Follow the steps below.
- Click on your profile.
- Tap on “Cash Out“.
- Input the amount and your money will be sent to your bank account.
- In case you are yet to set up your bank account details, go to your profile.
- Click on “Payment methods” and set up your bank details.
How to send money on Chipper Cash
Sending money on Chipper Cash is easier when compared to some bank apps and e-wallets in Africa.
Below are things to take note of when sending money through Chipper Cash:
- You can send money to Chipper Cash users in your phone book.
- If your beneficiary is not a user of Chipper Cash, you can send an invitation to register. The app will send an SMS. If the beneficiary doesn’t register with Chipper Cash and claim the money, you will be refunded.
Now let’s follow these steps to send money to the beneficiary:
- Tap the send button on the dashboard.
- Select the beneficiary from your contact list. Here you will also see the country of each user and the registered full name.
- You can search for other users who are not on your contact list by using their username.
- Enter the amount you wish to send and confirm your security code. The transaction will be processed.
Chipper Cash is one of the best Fintech applications that have a good and cheap currency conversion rate. That makes it easy for you to send money to other countries at reasonable exchange rates.
Get a Nigerian bank account through Chipper Cash
Thanks to a partnership between Chipper Cash and Providus Bank in Nigeria, Nigerians can get an accessory bank account by using Chipper Cash.
Whenever someone sends money to that account number, the recipient’s Chipper account will be credited.
However, this feature is not enabled by default. You have to activate it yourself. To do that, go to your profile and click on the account digits (only the first 4 digits are shown). Under that number is written “Providus Bank”.
Clicking on it will send a request to the management of Chipper Cash. Your request will be reviewed and you will be given feedback. The feedback might take hours or days based on many reasons.
Chipper Cash app download
We discussed earlier how you can download Chipper Cash. Currently, there is no browser version of Chipper Cash that can be used for transactions. You can only make use of the mobile app.
To download the mobile app for Android, go to the Google Play store. iPhone users should visit the app store.
Chipper Cash head office address
Chipper Cash Head Office is located in San Francisco, California, United States. There are 18 employee profiles registered at this location.